Revelation 21:5 “Then He who sat on the throne said, ‘Behold, I make all things new.”’ And He said to me, ‘Write, for these words are true and faithful.'” For many, the changes desired in the new year will be attempted in their own strength. For the believer in Christ, it is the power of God we look to for change. We can’t truly experience God without things changing for us. In Christ we are new creations (2 Cor.5:16) that are to walk in newness of life ( Romans 6:4). Wherever you are in all of this, God is the answer. He is faithful to do what He promises for His words are faithful and true.
We want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!
In the birth of Jesus our Savior we see many contrasts. We see poverty, yet great riches, humility and glory. It is my hope you will join this Sunday, December 18, as we look deeper into these contrasts and the contrasts in our lives as well. Merry Christmas! –PM
“Every church will have its deficiencies. Local church members must not allow discontentment to fester in their hearts and minds. Rather, we should seek to be “change agents” for the health and well-being of the body of which we are a part.” –Nicolas T. Batzig,Time To Change Your Church[
This Sunday’s sermon is CONCERNING SPIRITUAL GIFTS. You, your family and friends, are always welcome to come worship Jesus and study the Word of God with us. Remember, we have Sunday School for your kids. Join us at Town Hall every Sunday at 10 AM.
1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers- God has given us the amazing opportunity to partner with Him in what He is doing here on earth. God won’t do it without us! He has always used people to carry out his purposes from the beginning of time. And if we refuse, He will not stop loving us, but He will find someone else who is willing to take a step of faith and experience the amazing things God is waiting to do in us and through us.
Here is some helpful information:
- We are relatively new to Idyllwild, and we currently meet at the Idyllwild Town Hall at 10 AM Sundays.
- Occasionally, we meet at various locations out in the community for some of our Sunday services.
- Pastor Mark Garrett, Pastor, wife Tina, and son Sean, are delighted to serve IAG and the people of Idyllwild.
- Bible Study is held each Wednesday at 7:00 PM at the Center for Prayer Mobilization.
- Current topic is the Book of Revelation, led by Pastor Mark.
- IAG came to Idyllwild in 2015 sponsoring and participating in community events while getting to know people.
- Idyllwild Assembly of God church began formally in January of 2016.
- IAG is grateful to Valle Vista AG of Hemet for sponsoring our church plant here in Idyllwild.
- Yes, we plan to have a permanent meeting place at some point.
- For now, we really enjoy when changing our Sunday church locations allows us to get out into the community and meet people.
- If we are not meeting at the Town Hall, we post the details here on our website, or on our Facebook page.
- We hope you will come to a Sunday service or Wednesday night Bible Study so we can meet you and get to know you.
This Sunday, May 15, the sermon title will be “The Fiftieth Day.” We hope you will join us. We are meeting at the Idyllwild Town Hall Center at 10 AM.